Travel with Your Pet and Leave Stress at Home
Hitting the road this holiday season? You’re not the only one. In fact, 91% of all holiday travelers will be driving to their destination, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. You can expect the roads, highways and interstates to be jam-packed when you embark on your holiday adventure.
If you’re anything like us, then you can’t stand the thought of leaving your pet at home or in a kennel while you’re out merry making. The holidays are about spending quality time with loved ones and that certainly includes our fur balls.
But, taking a road trip with a cat or dog can be an emotionally draining experience for many pet owners. A long car ride can also be stressful for your pet and lead to destructive behavior, excessive barking, inappropriate urine marking, diarrhea and much more.
No amount of eggnog will restore your holiday spirit after sitting in traffic with a stressed pet. But, we’re here to say that you don’t have to endure a white-knuckle drive with your fur child. Instead, we encourage you to follow these helpful tips to make your life much easier on the go!
5 Tips for Stress-Free Travel with Your Cat or Dog
- Prepare your pet for long car rides. Practice makes perfect, right? Get your dog ready for road trips by taking short rides that end with a walk in the park. That way, your dog will have a positive experience in the car!
- Bring a pet-friendly travel kit. Pack a variety of your pet’s favorite toys and treats. Give it to your cat or dog to help relieve stress and create a sense of familiarity.
- Take routine breaks. Make frequent stops for exercise and potty breaks. Stretching your dog’s legs will help him use up excess energy and relax on the road!
- Safety comes first. Don’t leave your dog in an unattended vehicle, especially during hot weather. Don’t let your dog drive with his head out of the window, which could lead to injury.
- Try a calming supplement! Give your pet a Calming™ chew from Pet Naturals to promote relaxed behavior on the road. Calming™ is comprised of naturally sourced ingredients that help alleviate stress without side effects. Since Calming isn’t a sedative, it’s safe to double or triple the dosage when necessary.
STOCK UP ON CALMING BEFORE YOUR NEXT TRIP!