When you’re spending a few days away from home, the four-legged family members aren’t always able to come along. If you are lucky enough to have a friend, neighbor, or pet-sitter come to look after your dogs and/or cats, it’s always helpful to provide some information specific to your pet. Here are a few things we’d recommend:
Most pets thrive on a routine. By providing a typical schedule for your pet sitter, it can help reduce extra stress for your pet while you’re gone.
- When are mealtimes?
- What are the servings for each meal?
- Any dietary restrictions, allergies, or medication?
- Are treats given?
- When do you go for walks?
- What does playtime usually look like?
Allowed & Not Allowed
Those puppy dog eyes will get you every time! Try and help your pet sitter avoid manipulation by your adorable pet.
- Pets are allowed on the couch – Y / N
- Pets are allowed on the bed – Y / N
- Cats are allowed outside – Y / N
If your pet sitter isn’t a close friend, they may not know their way around your house. Providing locations for pet-related items can be extremely helpful.
- Cleaning supplies in case of an accident are located:
- Leash and poop bags for walks are located:
- Litter box and scoop supplies are located:
It’s always better to be over-prepared – don’t forget to give your pet sitter vital contact info in case of emergencies.
- Your contact info:
- Alternate contact if you are unreachable:
- Your vet’s contact info: